Alluvia® Purple Tea
About Alluvia Purple Tea
A new variety of Camellia sinensis, Alluvia Purple Tea Extract was developed by the Tea Research Foundation of Kenya after 25 years of crossbreeding. The tea is cultivated at mountain areas with 1,500 and 2,500 meters above sea level and exposed to strong UV rays from the sun. The young leaves and shoots get their purple color from their anthocyanin content and have antioxidant activity significantly higher than green, oolong, and black teas.* Additionally, Alluvia Purple Tea contains a unique polyphenol, GHG, not found in other tea varieties.
- Support weight lossǂ*
- Decrease BMIǂ, waist sizeǂ and hip sizeǂ∞*
- Reduce body fat massǂ∞* and subcutaneous fat thickness∞*
- Improve body compositionǂ*
- Increase collagen in the dermis∞*
Alluvia Purple Tea is water-soluble, cost-effective, and neutrally flavored. It is suitable for use in tablets, powders, capsules, and beverages.
Mechanism of Action
Animal research and laboratory analysis suggests the polyphenols in Alluvia Purple Tea may work by inhibiting pancreatic lipase activity to help reduce fat absorption and by upregulating the protein expression of CPT to improve fat metabolism.* It also inhibits lipid peroxidation of skin keratinocytes.*
The purple tea leaves and shoots used in Alluvia Purple Tea are grown on a pesticide-free plantation in Kenya and have been tested for residual agricultural chemicals, acute toxicity, and mutagenicity. All tests found it safe. An application for organic certification is currently underway.
- Ingested as a tea made from 1.5 grams of tea leaves decocted with 100-200 mL hot water, twice daily for four weeks
- Ingested as one capsule of 100 mg of Alluvia Purple Tea every day for four weeks