24 Hour Sustained Release
CoQ10 is a vitamin-like, fat-soluble substance found in the mitochondria of almost all the cells in the body. It is used in the electron transport chain, a process of aerobic cellular respiration that generates 90-95% of the energy used by the body.* It is also a powerful antioxidant.*
As a dietary supplement, crystalline CoQ10 is poorly absorbed. In fact, on average, only three percent of the consumed dose is actually absorbed. As a result, numerous forms of CoQ10 claiming enhanced bioavailability have been introduced to the market. However, how well they are absorbed varies wildly from person to person. Some subjects will absorb these enhanced forms well while others will absorb only small quantities — uniform bioavailability is not guaranteed.
MicroActive® CoQ10 targets this problem specifically. Supported by four human clinical studies, 24-hour sustained release MicroActive CoQ10 has uniformly enhanced bioavailability and:
- Is 3 times better absorbed than regular (crystalline) CoQ10
- Is 2 times better absorbed than solubilized (enhanced bioavailability) CoQ10 softgels
- Doubles CoQ10 levels from baseline after 3 weeks in 100% of users
Mechanism of Action
MicroActive CoQ10 complexes each CoQ10 molecule with beta-cyclodextrin, a compound made of starch molecules that increases the solubility of CoQ10. This allows for:
- Easy transport through the digestive system to the cells
- Absorption that is not dependent on the presence of fat
- Sustained release over 24 hours
The beta-cyclodextrin used to achieve uniform bioavailability in MicroActive CoQ10 is made from starch and is employed extensively in food products to improve taste and in pharmaceuticals to facilitate uniform uptake. Our beta-cyclodextrin is non-GMO and self-affirmed GRAS.